Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birthday Wishes And DIY Dreams

For the past few years I have been assisting my good friend Joyce with her super birthday parties for her little one.  I wrote about last year's party on this post.  This year her baby girl turned three and there was no way her shindig would be anything less than fabulous.  Seems like my friend has been stepping up her DIY game, and of course I was happy enough to assist her with her party inspiration.   

cayla1
Purchased backdrop and printed letters on banners and doily name.

cayla2
Pinwheel banner, tissue paper pom poms, and lace ball lanterns.

cayla3
Joyce's husband made the PVC pipe photo booth backdrop especially
for the big day.  How cute is that?
cayla9
Of course a photo booth isn't complete without props from
Get Creative Juice.

cayla7
Even though the dessert table had to be minimized because of
weather issues, as you can see it was huge in presentation.

cayla6
This was one of my contributions to the super chic party, a DIY
initial frame made from cardboard.  More info to come!

 cayla4
Yummy cupcakes on embellished cupcake stands.

cayla92
Rice Krispie pops with itty bitty flags.

cayla5
Delicious homemade chocolate pops.

cayla8
An activity table was available for a house full of children under the
age of eight.

cayla91
Holy moly tissue paper piñata!  Complete with a pull down wall.
No blindfolds and baseball bat required!

As you all can see, every decoration for the party were all handmade.  With careful pinning, time management (we were already talking about it in January), and budgeting my dear friend was able to pull off another wonderful party for her daughter that the children and adults enjoyed.  Of course the birthday girl was all smiles that day!

7 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Aww yay! Everything looks so cute! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

LyddieGal said...

Wow, that is so elaborate, I'm sure everyone really enjoyed it!

When i was little all i cared about was the cake, and every year it had to be a different theme, like a bunny, a dog, ect... my mom always rose to the occasion.

Jessica said...

Everything looks so beautiful. Were the pom-poms and pinwheels made by you and your friend? And all of the desserts looks so delicious. I so want a cupcake now.

Tracy @ www.sunnydaystarrynight.com

Imogen said...

very impressive, love this so much.

lisacng said...

What a lovely party! The decorations looked wonderful! That 3 pinata was cool, so were the homemade chocolate (?) pops, and the cardboard C!

Christine said...

Such a cute cute party!!! :) I've always had a little obsession with paper pom poms, lol :) I really wanted them all over my wedding, but I think my husband would have killed me haha!

Loved the pics! :)

xx,
Christine
thefashionpledge.com

Brandi said...

Everything looks so pretty! I am in love with your paper pinwheel backdrop. Such a creative idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...